Last updated 11/29/2021 at 4:16 PM
The majority of the NSAA activities and events are Outdoor Events.
Per CDC guidelines, individuals are less likely to be exposed to COVID-19 during outdoor activities, even without the use of masks. COVID-19 spreads more easily indoors than outdoors. Studies show that people are more likely to be exposed to COVID-19 when they are closer than 6 feet apart from others for more extended periods.
You are more likely to be exposed to COVID-19 when you
- Attend crowded, poorly ventilated indoor events
- Have close contact with infected people at home
You are less likely to be exposed to COVID-19 when you
- Attend outdoor activities
- Stay at least 6 feet apart
- Limit the amount of time spent with people who don’t live with you
The Nordic Ski Association 2021-22 Policy
No NSAA participants will attend any event if they have COVID-19 Symptoms. Participants will be required to monitor themselves. NSAA participants will not participate in any event or activity if they have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or Chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle of body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Masks are encouraged to be worn and or for anyone that is high risk or feels they need to wear a mask.
- The NSAA will not require masks for any outdoor events but will support any individuals who choose wear one.
- When spacing is not an option, the NSAA reserves the right to mandate masks.
The NSAA will need masks for all indoor activities and events.
There will be no food at indoor events.
- All events will be conducted outside only unless specified. NSAA reserves the right change this periodically.
- No spectators in designated areas including the finish pens. Spectators are allowed in designated spectator areas.
- Indoor space will be reserved for emergency personnel and medical.
- Bibs will be removed by the participants and put in the bib buckets; volunteers will monitor bib removal from a distance.
- There will be no water, refreshments at the finish line. Skiers should be prepared to have water or beverages at the race
- No Junior Nordic participant will attend junior Nordic with any COVID symptoms or if they have been labeled a close contact. Please see COVID 19 symptoms list above.
- All activity will be outside.
- “Junior Nordic participants are not required to wear masks while outside. However, participants who opt to wear masks for any reason will be fully supported in their decision.”
- Junior Nordic participants will need to have a mask if the enter any inside facility including the use of the bathroom facilities.
- Please have a mask in your child’s pocket or with them at all times.
The NSAA will monitor the COVID 19 trends and follow CDC guidelines. The NSAA reserves to modify these Mitigation Policies at any time.